Selecting a mattress
Posted by daveo on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010
Help in Buying a New Mattress
You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping. Sleep is a necessity, not a luxury. The right mattress can make a big difference in the quality of sleep that you get each night. So it is one of the most important purchases you ever make. Blacker's carries some of the best quality mattresses from trusted brands such as Serta, Simmons, Tempur-Pedic and Englander Latex. Here are some tips on making the right choice:
- Shop for bedding when you're rested and unhurried so you can concentrate on finding what feels right.
- Take your partner. Both of you should make the decision on which comfort level to choose.
- Wear comfortable clothes and easy-to-remove shoes . . . you need to try out the mattresses.
- Lie down and stay there. You can't judge support and comfort by sitting on the edge or lying down for a few seconds.
- Get the whole story. Ask the salesperson about the product features and benefits.
- Shop for the best value, not the lowest price. Buy the best bedding you can afford. It's a wise investment in yourself for years to come.
- Ask about the warranty - premium bedding will generally be guaranteed against structural defects under a written warranty policy.
- When purchasing your mattress, replace the foundation as well. A firm foundation promotes long service life and lasting comfort in your mattress while a soft or sagging foundation can damage your mattress.
- If you sleep with a partner, you need a queen or king size bed. A standard double only allows each of you about the size of a baby crib.
- Don't skimp on your children's mattresses. Quality support is critical for their healthy sleep and proper support for their growing bodies.
- No one has commented yet.